1. Prepare ~ Be sure to have the Donation Letter and Donation Forms with you.
2. Plan ~ Make a list of businesses you would like to approach. Think of friends you have that are business owners, stores/restaurants you frequent and businesses in the community. Go through your address book!
3. Contact ~ Talk to the owner or manager. (For multi-location businesses, you may be referred to the corporate office if donations can’t be made at the local level. That doesn’t mean “no!” Find out the appropriate contact person at corporate and approach them.)
4. Remember ~ You are asking for KiDs Beach Club, not yourself. Don’t take it personally if they say “no.”
5. Explain ~ A simple script might be:
“KiDs Beach Club is hosting its annual auction which benefits spreading the Gospel
of Jesus to our children. Would you make a tax deductible contribution or sponsor
6. Gather Information ~ Fill out an Auction Donation Receipt Form. Be sure to include all of the information, including value of donation. Leave a copy with the Donor.
7. Gratitude ~ Be sure to thank them for their donation!
8. Turn it In!! ~ Please turn in items as soon as possible! Auction items will be accepted Monday, August 13th – Friday, October 12th. To schedule a drop-off or pick-up, contact email@example.com
*Turning items in early is SO helpful to our volunteers*
**Please note: We do NOT accept used items, consignment items,
coupons or “gift with purchase” certificates.